Lavender Honey Custard Tarts with The Doe
Are tarts a spring weekend brunch must-have? We think so. If you’re in the mood for some surprisingly easy cheffing this weekend, try these sweet and savory tarts featuring The Doe.
makes about 8 small tarts, depending on the size of your pans
What You’ll Need:
- 1 box of frozen puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed
- 7oz The Doe, shredded
- Fresh blackberries
- Pansies (optional)
- Take puff pastry out of the freezer to thaw. Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease tart pans.
- Roll the puff pastry over the top of the tart pans. Lightly press the pastry into each pan, and press the edges of each pan to cut the excess from the edges.
- Beat eggs and cream in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in honey, vanilla, and dried lavender.
- Pour the mixture into the tart pans until they are about 3/4 of the way full. Top with a handfull of The Doe.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tarts have set.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and let them cool before garnishing with fresh blackberries and pansies.