Black Truffle Fondue featuring The Wild Boar
Fondue is a luxurious and surprisingly simple cold weather treat. Buttery Wild Boar melted into white wine and garlic makes an aromatic appetizer you won’t wait to indulge in.
makes 4-6 servings
What You’ll Need
For the fondue:
- 2 cups, or approx. 8 oz, The Wild Boar, shredded
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- Cubed baguette
- Lightly sautéed baby portobella mushroom halves
- Sliced apple
- Boiled yellow creamer potatoes
- Dredge the shredded Wild Boar in the flour until evenly coated.
- In a sauce pan over medium low heat, sauté garlic until tender and fragrant, stirring often.
- Add white wine to the garlic mixture. Heat slowly just until bubbles begin to form, but not to the point of boiling.
- Add the cheese and flour mixture to the wine, one handful at a time. Gently whisk constantly until cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vodka. Pour into a chafing dish or warm bowl and get ready to dip!