Blue Christmas Cheese Ball
You’ll have a blue Christmas without this herbaceous cheese ball. Rosemary and crystalized ginger brighten The Blue Jay’s juniper bouquet to create a delicious appetizer that is sure to spread holiday cheer!
What You’ll Need
- 5.3 oz The Blue Jay, crumbled
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped for coating
- Prep all ingredients. Trim the rind away from The Blue Jay before crumbling for best flavor.
- Mix The Blue Jay, cream cheese, rosemary, crystalized ginger, and 2 tablespoons of pecans together.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in 1/2 cup chopped pecans to coat.
- Tightly wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the fridge and let it come to room temperature for easy dipping and spreading. Pair with Stonewall Kitchen Simple White Crackers or Carr’s Water Crackers.