Herbed Cheddar Biscuits featuring The Fawn
makes 9 – 12 biscuits
What You’ll Need:
- 2 c flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 6 T butter, cold (plus more for brushing)
- 2 T chopped fresh herbs (we used dill and thyme)
- 2 T finely chopped green onion
- 1 c The Fawn, shredded
- 1 c cold milk
For the herbed butter:
Mix together 4 T softened butter, 1/2 T chopped fresh dill, and 1/2 T finely chopped green onion.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry knife, cut the butter into the flour until it is in pea sized pieces.
- Mix in the herbs, green onion, and The Fawn.
- Add the milk and combine the ingredients until dough begins to form and hold together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead it 10 – 15 times. Using your hands, flatten the dough then use a floured rolling pin to roll out the dough until it is 3/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out the biscuits and place them 1 inch apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until light, fluffy, and golden brown.
- Serve warm with herbed butter (a must!)