Pistachio Ale Fondue featuring Vat 17 World Cheddar
Heat up your holiday party with a fondue your guests will go nuts for.
Pistachio Ale Fondue
makes 4 – 8 servings
What You’ll Need:
- 12 oz Vat 17 World Cheddar, shredded
- 1 T orange juice
- 3/4 c Snow Pilot Pistachio Nut Brown Ale from Stevens Point Brewing
- 1 oz Kirschwasser (clear cherry brandy)
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1 T flour
- 1 T pistachios, crushed
- 1 baguette, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 apple, sliced
- Shred the cheese and set it aside.
- Heat the orange juice and ale in a small pot over medium heat. Slowly add the cheese in handfuls, whisking gently. Allow the cheese to melt and incorporate into the ale mixture before adding the next handful.
- When all of the cheese has been added, slowly sprinkle the flour into the cheese mixture and whisk until the fondue is smooth and creamy. Stir in the kirsch, nutmeg, and pepper. Keep the fondue warm over low heat, whisking occasionally to keep it from separating.
- Cut the bread into one inch cubes. Slice the apple. Assemble the bread and fruit on a serving platter. Pour the cheese mixture into a warmed fondue pot and top with crushed pistachios. Keep the fondue warm over low heat while you and your guests dip the bread and apples into deliciousness.