Queso Serpiente featuring The Rattlesnake
A festive, crowd-pleasing game day (or any day!) snack to kick off your get-togethers with a little bit of spice, a little bit of sweet, and just the right amount of heat!
What you’ll need:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ¼ bunch of whole cilantro
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into eighths for easy melting
- 2 cups The Rattlesnake, shredded
- ½ cup 3 Year Reserve, shredded
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup green chiles, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- Cilantro to garnish
- Place the two chicken breasts in a large crockpot and add in the broth, salt, cumin, and cilantro. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can shred your cheese and chop up your vegetables so that you can easily throw it into the crock pot when the chicken is cooked through.
- When the 4 hours is up, remove the cilantro from the crock pot and start to pull apart the chicken with two forks.
- Once the chicken is pulled apart, add the cheese. Let it sit in the crockpot for a few minutes to melt before adding the milk mixing it with the chicken.
- Add the beans and the chopped veggies. Mix well. Switch the crockpot to warm and let it sit for another few minutes. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.