The Taste of Old Milwaukee
“Ever since I was a child, there was one exhibit at the Milwaukee Public Museum that I couldn’t pass up – The Streets of Old Milwaukee. The life sized, walk-through exhibit allows museum goers to experience the sights and sounds of Milwaukee at the turn of the century.
Deer Creek’s Taste of Old Milwaukee Dip reminds me of this exhibit because it brings to life the immigrant heritage and the flavors that helped to make Milwaukee famous. We started with the newest cheese in our Heritage Collection, The Carawaybou, a handmade Old Fashioned Colby speckled with caraway. The addition of summer sausage, pickles, and sweet onion complements the buttery Colby and aromatic caraway to create an addictively flavorful dip that is perfect for game day get-togethers.”
– Chris Gentine, Founder and C.E.O
Taste of Old Milwaukee Dip featuring The Carawaybou
Makes approximately 3 cups
What You’ll Need:
- 2 c The Carawaybou, shredded
- ½ c mayonnaise
- ¼ c sour cream
- ½ c Usinger’s summer sausage, finely chopped
- ½ c sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¼ c Milwaukee’s Dill Pickles, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pinah’s Rye Chips
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the first seven ingredients, mixing well.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve with Pinah’s Rye Chips and cold Milwaukee beer. Go Team Go!