Battle of the Queso-Dilla
This past weekend six cheese companies made their way from Wisconsin to Oklahoma to participate in Uptown Grocery’s Battle of the Queso-Dilla event where customers could choose which Wisconsin cheese company made the best quesadilla and best cheese dip.
As the event began, we nonchalantly eyed up the competition, hoping that our recipes would top theirs. Every quesadilla looked and smelled delicious, as did the dips. We kept our fingers crossed as customers began tasting and voting on all of the mouthwatering creations. We are thrilled to let you know that both our Cuban Quesadilla Wrap featuring The Fawn and our Cabo Corn Dip featuring The Robin and The Rattlesnake took first place! Woohoo!! Thank you Uptown Grocery for putting on the fun event.
Here’s the winning recipe…
Cuban Quesadilla Wrap featuring The Fawn
makes 1 wrap
What You’ll Need:
- 2 slices of deli pit ham
- 2 slices of oven roasted deli turkey
- 2 slices of Genoa salami
- 2 slices of The Fawn
- 1 to 2 slices kosher dill pickle, sliced lengthwise, i.e. Vlasic Stackers
- 1 to 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 tortilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For each wrap, stack the ham, turkey, salami, and The Fawn. Warm the stack in the oven until the cheese is soft and melted, and the meat is thoroughly warmed and slightly roasted, approximately 10 minutes.
- Just before assembling the wrap, warm the tortilla to soften it in either the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven wrapped in a dish towel or foil.
- Assemble each wrap by placing the roasted meat and cheese in the center of the softened tortilla. Add the pickle slices and 1 to 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard.
- Roll the tortilla into a loose wrap by folding the sides of the tortilla over the filling. If desired, heat the wrap in a lightly oiled, heated skillet or fry pan on medium to medium-low until it is light golden brown. Flip it over to brown the other side.
photo courtesy of Uptown Grocery’s Facebook page